Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Vote is In.

Mike Johnston won the delegate vote on the first ballot, with 64 votes out of 126. Rosemary Marshall, former state Legislator for 8 years, with 41 votes, was thrown out with the bathwater, and Anthony Graves, with 18 votes, was put on hold for another time. The result was predictable solely from a media usage perspective. Sitting in the "video catbird seat" as I do, gives me a unique point of view. I get to see the daily hits coming in and, surprising to some, where they are coming from. Johnston ran a media savvy campaign with a robust group of volunteers, and, most importantly, he had the goods; youth, vigor, articulateness, intelligence, good looks, money (see ActBlue) and the ability to project his vision to the small group of delegate voters. As we left the school, I happened to cross paths with Rosemary Marshall. "Looks like you'll have to get ready for the primary now," I said. "No," she replied " this was a wake-up call for me to start enjoying the rest of my life." Congratulations to you Rosemary, you may be the biggest winner after all, I thought, as we walked into the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment