Friday, February 25, 2011

Robots for Romer

Last night I got another robocall from the Romer machine (minus 1 for Romer). This one was different in that it wasn't just a pre-recorded call with a human voice, it was actually a  computer-generated voice asking me to "take a survey". The "survey" asked if I intended to vote for Romer or another candidate. When I pressed 3 for another candidate, it gave me 4 choices, and I chose Linkhart. It then asked if I would consider Romer as my second choice. I chose no. It thanked me. Yuck, a new low in robocalling. I guess Jennifer (a real person) at Romer headquarters was not able to actually remove my name from their list to stop the robots.

Although Denver's mayoral race has not yet official started, apparently bankster Romer has so much money to spend that he just can't wait to get started. But Chris, don't forget that the early front-runner in Denver's mayoral race often loses. You don't want to look too eager now, do you? Gives people too much time to run the Google on you ...

From here:

The circumstantial history surrounding Chris Romer is not a pretty one. The fact that he led most, if not all, of JP Morgan's public financial transactions in Colorado is disturbing when coupled with the outcomes of some of those transactions. The fact that he may have had a hand in crafting legislation that helped our now U.S. Senator Michael Bennet hide the costs of DPS' transactions is more than disturbing. The fact that he was willing to bully officials responsible for our state's retirement fund, all of which is funded by taxpayers' money, is outrageous.
Most troubling is, however, Romer surely understood the ramifications of the 8.5% deduction. If Romer was involved in crafting SB 09-282, he should have known the deduction's effects on the DPS' retirement system. As a Colorado State Senator, doesn't Romer have a responsibility to protect assets built up by, ultimately, taxpayer contributions? After all, the taxpayers actually fund DPS' existence, and that existence funds the pension via employee and employer contributions. Romer's apparent disregard for this taxpayer-supported asset seems to be the height of disregard for his responsibilities as a public official.

0 comments:

Post a Comment