Denver Public Works & Denver Parks and Recreation Announce Free Broken Branch Drop-Off Sites for Denver Residents
DENVER, CO — October 27, 2011- Bring your broken branches to one our three free drop-off locations in Denver for quick disposal. Only branches will be accepted at these sites and all branches will be recycled into mulch.
All sites will be accepting branches starting on Friday, October 28 (tomorrow) through Sunday, October 30 from 10am-4pm. Proof of Denver residency is required.
Broken Branch Free Drop-Off Sites:
· Havana Nursery: 10450 Smith Road – enter off Havana Street
· Barnum Park North: 3144 W. 6th Ave –east side parking lot - access via 8th and Federal
· Kennedy Softball Complex: 3398 S. Kenton Street – NW parking lot of the Complex off of West Dartmouth and South Kenton
· No tree stumps will be accepted
· No commercial contractors
· No professional landscapers
· No private haulers
Disposal of tree branches as part of regular trash collection:
· Branches must be no larger than 4 inches in diameter, and they must be cut into lengths of 4 feet or less, bundled and tied, and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
· Bundled branches can be set out with regular trash on your scheduled trash collection day. For more information about branch disposal visitwww.Denvergov.org/Trash
· Branches set out with regular trash collection will not be recycled.