Denver Recycles Presents:
“I HEART My Purple Recycling Cart” Photo Contest
Submit a photo showing your love of recycling in the Mile High City!
DENVER, CO — January 27, 2012 — As Valentine’s Day approaches, Mayor Michael B. Hancock and Denver Public Works’ Denver Recycles announces a way for residents to “show their love” for recycling with the “I Heart My Purple Recycling Cart” photo contest. Denver residents are encouraged to submit creative photos showing their support for, and love of, recycling; however submissions must share a common theme: all photos must include the signature Denver “purple recycling cart.”
With more than 111,000 households choosing to “Go Purple” by recycling paper, bottles, containers, cans, etc., everyday, it is clear that Denver loves to recycle. Now it is your chance to show how much you love your purple recycling cart by submitting a photo that captures this love and creatively shows how your household recycles.
Mayor Hancock, Denver Public Works Manager George Delaney and Denver Recycles Operations Manager Charlotte Pitt will select a first, second and third place winner, and the best submittal under 13 years old. Prizes include four tickets to Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, four tickets to Michael Flatley’s Lord of the Dance (theatre tickets are courtesy of Arts and Venues Denver), Colorado Avalanche tickets and a ParkSmart Denver gift card.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO:
1. Email your digital photo to DenverRecycles@DenverGov.org by noon, Tuesday, February 14th
2. Include your name, phone number and home address in your email
3. Photos must include your Denver Recycles purple cart, without any permanent markings on it (no stickers, no spray paint, etc.)
4. Photo should illustrate your appreciation for your purple recycling cart, how or what you recycle at home, etc.
5. Digital photo should be a minimum of 500 KB and a maximum of 1000 KB
6. One photo per household
Please note that by submitting your photos you are giving the City and County of Denver permission to post them on Facebook, websites and in other promotional and printed materials. Winners will be notified through their submittal email on February 14, 2012. Also, City and County of Denver employees are not eligible to win prizes, but are welcome to submit photos.