To sign petition and for more information go here:
Thank you for being a concerned citizen! This site is dedicated to educate and convince others why a proposed garage in the RiNo Art District is greatly opposed. We are amazed that so few of our compatriots care to question the Baseball Stadiums' claims that it needs a $13.7 million garage. The issues are complicated, so we hope you will take the time to read, think about and e-mail us if you have any questions. Of course, we consider any ideas and suggestions valuable and hope you will not hesitate to offer advice as well as criticism. Meanwhile, the site hopes to address the following issues:
- Failure of the Denver Metropolitan Major League Stadium District to study and seek input to spend $18 million of taxpayers dollars;
- Failure of the Stadium Board to require Rockies Ownership to share in the cost of building a garage;
- A call to action to understand why the general public has not been included in the review process, a violation of state law;
- Why the location of the proposed garage is a bad idea and a waste of taxpayers' dollars; and
- The opportunity to sign a petition indicating your desire to be a part in preventing it being built.
To help bring you up to speed, we invite you to first read a letter to taxpayers and then a letter to Governor Hickenlooper that summarizes irregularities in the Stadium District's compliance with Colorado State Law and why many of us feel so strongly this must be stopped.
Please share the news with friends and invite them to sign our petition too. Also, the entire Board of Directors of the Denver Metropolitan Baseball League Stadium District is up for reappointment this year. Please look carefully at our website. If you conclude that the Stadium Board is not acting in the best interest of taxpayers, then ask Governor Hickenlooper to start clean and appoint a new board. We greatly appreciate your support in this matter. It only takes a few minutes to review the site and to add your name to the petition. Thank you!