Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Walkabout March 26, 2014

Sun Mart at Colfax and York closed. To be torn down soon.

Gas pumps gone, stock being removed from store.

Awad Maher, owner, a very happy man now that the deal is finally closed. This is the corner where the new Central Recreation Center is to be built. 
Across Colfax, the former 7-11 is being remodeled, with a Subway said to be moving in soon. Main Street zoning not so evident here. 

But here, directly across Colfax, inside of what I call "The 7-11 Church", Main Street Zoning dictated that they build a two-story building for a one-story use, hence the cathedral ceiling, in a 7-11 store. Heating and lighting efficiency be damned.

Couldn't help but notice that the new style "homeless parking meters" take credit cards. I recall reading that they bring in thousands of dollars for the benefit of the homeless. I want one outside of my house in case anyone wants to make a donation for the benefit of me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment