Friday, August 21, 2009

Plug Pulled on Parks Poo Proposal

This just in:

Dear Denver Citizens, This afternoon while I was away, Kevin Patterson left a message on my answering machine. He also wrote an e-mail to me at 5:30 p.m. last night. I tried to reach him several times today and he also tried to reach me. The message was as follows: "We have decided to pull the advertising in the parks deal--based on some of the comments we heard at the Parks Board Meeting." That is all that he said except that he would try to call me later. I am very glad that this has happened, as I was shocked at the behavior of the Board members as I sat and watched the whole proceeding. We still have to be very watchful, but we should all break our arms patting ourselves on the back--for a little while. Thanks, Cathy Donohue
Update: by way of Dave Felice:
At the Council Aides meeting this morning (Friday) I was made aware for the first time Mr. Airy was using the city logo on his personal automobile. However, this was not part of the conversation when Chantal Unfug from Parks and Recreation called this morning to notify this Council office that the contract with Mr. Airy has been pulled and for now the discussion has ended regarding Pooh (sic) Free Parks. Chantal did not offer any reason for the contract being pulled. The reason for the end of discussion on Pooh Free Parks is the city and department’s priorities are the New Zoning Code and the budget and Pooh Free Parks discussions were distracting from these higher priorities. I apologize for any misunderstanding, and hope this statement makes things clear for everyone. Carol Singer 303-871-0601 Council Aide Charlie Brown Denver City Council District 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment