Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cattle Mutilation Memories

You’ve undoubtedly seen the recent articles about the cattle mutilations near San Luis, Colorado. As usual, the authorities are at a loss to explain these strange goings on, including helicopters, surgical cuts, no blood or footprints at the scene.

This triggered my memories of similar, but more widespread occurrences in Colorado back in 1975. At the time, I was teaching film classes at The Western States Film Institute. One of my students, Mark O’Kane (who later went on to a multi-faceted career in Hollywood as a steadicam operator) got hired to go on location to a mutilation site to shoot some film. He told me about it when he got back and I, of course, was very interested and peppered him with questions. Basically, other than the first hand experience, he had little to add to what I had already read. He confirmed the surgical incisions, missing parts, lack of blood, etc.

So when this new report appeared, I got on my Google and went for a ride into the Universal Library, aka Internet. I wondered if there was a database of all cattle mutilations in the country. I didn’t find one, but I found this at The Black Vault - a 131 page summary report.


To whet your appetite, I've included a copy of this letter from then US Senator Floyd Haskel to the Denver office of the FBI. (Click to enlarge)



1 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:09 PM

    Visit www.AnySoldier.com to sponsor packages for a soldier overseas. To get packages to Iraq or Afghanistan by Christmas, you must ship by Dec. 4.

    Love the blog !

    ReplyDelete